susanw610

susanw610

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness One of my favorite types of Sci-Fi is the sub-genres of utopian and dystopian fiction. The Knife of Never Letting Go is the first in Patrick Ness’ dystopian trilogy Chaos Walking consisting of 1-The Knife of Never letting Go, 2- The Ask and the Answer, and 3- Monsters of Men.

In the Knife of Never Letting Go all men's thoughts are broadcast and are considered "noise" and can be heard by all. Women, second class citizens can hear the noise but do not broadcast. This is a story of a flight of two adolescents Viola and Todd from a nightmare of a town to a safe place called Haven.

I found this story to be pretty intense and, like a movie that you cover your eyes and peek, I wanted to do that through certain parts of this story. I would advise that you have the next book in the trilogy by your side when you finish this book. The Knife of Never Letting Go is a cliffhanger and the next book picks up exactly where this one leaves off. I would have been upset if I didn’t have the series and had to wait for the next book.

I would have given it 5 stars but for it being too intense at times and the cliffhanger ending. I really enjoyed this book and have started The Ask and the Answer and look forward to finishing up the trilogy.