susanw610

susanw610

The Bedlam Detective - Stephen Gallagher I didn't think I would like this book very much but since it was recommended I gave it chance. Surprise, I liked it very much. Who would have thought that Sebastian Becker, a detective in America, who is now an investigator for The Lord Chancellor's Visitor in Lunacy in London during the early 20th century, would be an interesting and fun mystery. Our hero was an employee of Pinkerton whose bright career takes an unfortunate turn that has him leaving America and going back to his homeland, England. He gets hired as an investigator for the Visitor in Lunacy a big step down from his previous employment. While investigating the sanity of Sir Owain Lancaster he get involved in the murder of two little girls that seem to be related to an similar, although not murder, of two girls years ago. I liked the plot twists and turns and found all of the characters, even the crazy ones, engaging. I will indulge in more of author:Stephen Gallagher|64107]'s novels.